Sunday, February 19, 2006

Petronas Twin Tower Bridge

A few days ago, as fate have it, my path crossed with JC’s. If it wasn’t for the heavy downpour in KL, I wouldn’t have met her. The downpour was notoriously heavy. Knowing KL the way I do, heavy downpour means massive traffic jams in all major roads. My fear was confirmed when I saw rows and rows of cars parked in the middle of the road (translation: gridlock jam).

Not wanting to be stuck in the traffic, I made a detour. I turned the wheel of my trusty Proton and headed to KLCC. I remembered about the talk being held in Galeri Petronas (http://www.galeripetronas.com.my/). Maybe I could still catch it. By the time I reached the Galeri, it was already 6.30 p.m. The show was over, they were having the question-and-answer session. As luck would have it, at the end of the talk, they served tea for the visitors. This was where I met JC and her friend Zaitun. JC invited me to come with her to go to the bridge on the following Saturday (today).

And so, there I was, on Saturday afternoon, waiting for her at the Galeri Petronas. I had some time to kill, so I watched the video presentation of the Petronas Adventure Team. They drove their 4WD from Malaysia to Mt Everest Base Camp.

Around 4 p.m. We went to the gate. We were ushered into the waiting area where visitors could participate in some of the science exhibition. For me, the coolest demonstration is the Petronas Tower Lightning Protection System. They simulation of lightning strike to Petronas Twin Tower model. While waiting for our turn, JC’s mother showed us photographs of her visit to Tibet.



At around 4.30 p.m. We went through the gate, into an auditorium. There, we were showed some video presentation of Petronas Twin Tower, and, of course, the Bridge. They let us up to the bridge batch by batch, with each batch consist of around 20 people. And each batch got to spend around 10 minutes on the bridge. It would be great if we were able to watch the sun rise or sun set from the bridge. I would love to linger for a chat with JC and her mother, but time was not on my side. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the visit.

p/s: I tried uploading some but so far no success.

No comments: