Saturday, August 19, 2017

Blank

I stared blankly at the computer screen, trying to get some ideas for this entry.

It has been quite a long while since I last write anything, apart from work related reports. I longed for my creative juice to flow. To have words flow through my fingers on to the keyboard.

Speaking of keyboard, earlier this month, I upgraded my tablet. The OTG adapter and the keyboard was working just fine. Until suddenly this morning the new tablet refused to detect the keyboard. Imagine my frustration of having to do tech support using only the small touchscreen keyboard on the tablet. You can't really do any serious ten-fingers-typing on the touchscreen.

So, off I went to a gadget shop to buy replacement OTG adapter. It only cost me RM 3. While testing the adapter and the keyboard at the counter, the good sales assistant looks on and enquired about my setup. I casually asked him if the shop have any small keyboard like what I was using. I told him that the tablet can't power up the normal-size keyboard. He said they don't have the mini keyboard, but...

He casually walked over one of the shelves, and reached out for a box. Out came a foldable bluetooth keyboard!

After testing the keyboard, I was sold!

Now it seems to me, it is becoming a pattern to have August as the month for IT upgrades!

No comments: