Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Drinking


I was waiting for my weekly dose of unhealthy-life-shortening-fastfood takeout at M when I overheard a westerner (most likely a non-native english speaker) trying to order beer from the 'tudung'-wearing lady at the counter. I almost laughed my head off at the irony of the situation.

Generallly, 'tudung'-wearing women don't drink (alcoholic drink). Nor do they sell it.

Another thing to note is that most fastfood restaurant don't sell alcoholic drink. And average Malaysian don't walk around and at the same time drinking beer from its can. Especially in midday. It gives the impression that you are a drunkard. Drinking is done in clubs and pubs.

If you ever come to Malaysia, don't order beer in McD, KFC and the likes of it. Definitely don't order from tudung-wearing women.

No comments: