Friday, August 17, 2007

Malaysia @ 50

I went to Balai Seni Lukis Negara (a.k.a. National Art Gallery) for the launching Malaysia's @ 50 book and photo exhibition. It was to comemorate Malaysia's 50th year of independence. The speech from Dato Seri Rais Yatim was short and concise. After he officiate the thing, we were alllowed to browse through the photo exhibition.

While some photos were awesome and evoke emotion, others were simply beyond me (i.e. I simply don't get why they were chosen). Lucky for me, I got the hardcover-glossy-coloured-pages of the exhibition catalog for free. My aunt looked at the photos and spotted things that I didn't see. For example, I saw three children having their back to each other. She saw the kids were playing a kind of hop-scotch - each of the other legs were sort hook to one another and the three kids were suppose to hop together!

Speaking of kids, school is out for a week. For kids, it's "Merdeka" (independent) for awhile. For office workers, a little less of traffic jams. For vacationers, it's peak season. For tourists, more people at touristy spots. School holiday is also the time for weddings invitation..

No comments: