Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On the road again...

It's the third day of Syawal in Malaysia. Syawal is the month where Muslims celebrate the completion of a month of fasting. As Muslim calendar is lunar based calendar, it may differ slightly between countries. For example, neighbouring country Brunei celebrate 1st Syawal on Monday, which means today is their 2nd Syawal.

Syawal aside, I had thought being still in the 'heat' of Aidilfitri, everyone has gone back to their respective hometown. This morning, I gave the good people at KTM callcentre a call and ask is the ticket going up north, for noon today, still available. The friendly lady replied yes - second and first class. Satisfied with the answer, I packed my bag and got ready. I had wanted to go to the railway station 11.30 am. Unfortunately, my lift didn't came at the promised time. So I had to resort to ride my bike to the station. By the time I reached the station, the ticket had just sold out. Bummer.

I've already packed my backpack and paid for the parking. So, as much as I hate travelling by bus during festive season, I decided to walk to the bus terminal, pay what I consider as an exhorbitant bus fare, and, now, sit at a fastfood outlet surfing the net using my notebook, waiting for the bus.

Quite frankly, I much rather take the train, eventhough journey by the railroad takes considerably more time compared to the highway. You can call it some sort of paranoia or phobia since I was in secondary school. Though, thankfully I've never been in one, there's too much road accidents during festive season.

So, pray for my safe journey.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf zahir & batin.

No comments: